26-12-08, 03:31 PM
as above for the zs 180 2..4/54 saloon. pm me if you have one and a price

thanks

martyzs
26-12-08, 04:45 PM
Mate, ptp are selling 180 decats for a touch under £100

afcbadam
26-12-08, 04:57 PM
oh cool. what is this ilimator light he is on about.

carmadbaker
26-12-08, 05:04 PM
mil illiminator ensures ur engine warning light doesn't come on, the engine light often comes on afta de-cat'n the car because of increased emissions, its just a resistor that tricks the ecu into thinking the emissions are acceptable :)

afcbadam
26-12-08, 05:17 PM
are there any threads on this. have had a look but couldnt find anything

carmadbaker
26-12-08, 05:21 PM
umm.....possibly matey, i can only search as well as you....what do u need to know? i'll do my best :)

afcbadam
26-12-08, 05:22 PM
where it fits ect. ill have a more in-depth look

afcbadam
26-12-08, 05:25 PM
its because we spelt it wrong. eliminator. lol :-D

carmadbaker
26-12-08, 05:37 PM
umm....right..on the current cat u have an 02 sensor...your going to have to take it out anyway to fit the new pipe....so while its out.....(i think this is right!)>> cut either of the cables and solder/crimp or wateva u fancy; the MIL eliminator in series with the previous cable. That should do the trick! not so sure u can use either cable though.....can't see y not....mite need verification from another member who's fitted theirs!

carmadbaker
26-12-08, 05:38 PM
its because we spelt it wrong. eliminator. lol :-D

o yer! ha ha!! my bad :D:axe:

KevG
26-12-08, 06:55 PM
Nobody actually read signatures on folks posts anymore?

KevG
26-12-08, 06:59 PM
Fitting a MIL Eliminator is straight forward, the ZS has 4 wire sensors, 2 of the wires are white, these are the power supply for the built-in gas heater (you don't touch these), the other 2 wires are black and grey, these are the sensor wires, these are the wires your interested in.
As it says in my sig I make and sell these kits.

Phate
26-12-08, 07:08 PM
Gonna need one of these KevG?

stamford
26-12-08, 07:20 PM
:laugh: just read through this thread and wondered why no-one had mentioned our Kev!

carmadbaker
26-12-08, 07:31 PM
cos im a complete penis obviously :D completely forgot lol sowwie!
Luckily i haven't had to mess around with anything like that...jus use my scan gauge to reset the light if it comes on :) lol rarely does anyway!

stamford
26-12-08, 07:34 PM
I contemplated fitting my decat today, but thought better of it! Didn't want to be seen as a sad ******* working on my car on boxing day!

TjP
26-12-08, 07:39 PM
I contemplated fitting my decat today, but thought better of it! Didn't want to be seen as a sad ******* working on my car on boxing day!

Thats what boxing day is for! Playing with your presents :D:D

Having said that I only washed the car today, since its the first dry and sunny day in weeks. Tomorrow is the day for modding the Zed for me :clap:

stamford
26-12-08, 07:41 PM
I've got the parents around for dinner tomorrow, so that's out..................however the wife is working all day Sunday so that'll be me under the car then :D

Murray203ps
27-12-08, 11:05 AM

It's never sad modifiying your princess no matter what day it is.:)

Seems everyone has bought a de-cat since hearing the sound of the clips from the track day.:sly:............:thumbsup:

garys123
27-12-08, 11:39 AM
if you have a de-cat i have read that it will fail a MOT on the emissions. Is this true or does everyone just change the cat back for the MOT. I have some money to spend on the car but i dont think i could be bothered to start changing things back to pass an MOT then back again to the way i would like it.

afcbadam
27-12-08, 12:14 PM
i think if you keep the origional manifolds it passes the mot as it has a pre cat attached. if you change these to aftermarker manifolds the pre cat goes. can somebody confirm this or correct me please

KevG
27-12-08, 03:11 PM
Correct, if you remove the pre cat which part of the downpipes then you will fail an MoT, however if you simply remove the Post-Cat, then you will possibly still fail an Mot, depending what age/mileage your car is, but in most cases they Pass with no problem.

afcbadam
27-12-08, 04:37 PM
does anybody have a sketch type pic of the exhaust system as to where/what the parts are.

Maxxed_Ross
27-12-08, 04:59 PM
I just passed my MOT this week with the Janspeed monifolds and Janspeed sports cat

the sports cat is for sale by the way

afcbadam
27-12-08, 05:03 PM
I just passed my MOT this week with the Janspeed monifolds and Janspeed sports cat

the sports cat is for sale by the way

where ross

Maxxed_Ross
27-12-08, 05:07 PM
where's what? lol

The car was MOT'd at the local garage and passed by miles

The sports cat is on the car at the moment, but will shortly be coming off and sold

afcbadam
27-12-08, 05:09 PM
sorry thought the cat was for sale now. where, ment in the for sale section, ebay, ect thinking it was already off the car! can you pm me a price please bud

Maxxed_Ross
27-12-08, 10:43 PM
lol not to worry

PM sent

afcbadam
28-12-08, 11:48 AM
received and pm sent back

thanks ross

Murray203ps
28-12-08, 07:07 PM
i think if you keep the origional manifolds it passes the mot as it has a pre cat attached. if you change these to aftermarker manifolds the pre cat goes. can somebody confirm this or correct me please

As Kev said should pass. I've had mine tested twice now and was way under the emissions on both occaisions.

DeMoNPauL
29-12-08, 03:15 AM
It's never sad modifiying your princess no matter what day it is.:)

Seems everyone has bought a de-cat since hearing the sound of the clips from the track day.:sly:............:thumbsup:

I take it you have never ever been a member on XPF??????

Your claims are unbelievable to say the least:yoji:

There is guys who decatted in 2001 on XPF and other forums etc

stamford
29-12-08, 07:36 AM
What's that supposed to mean Paul? seems you have to rub people up the wrong way on here, why?

If you can't say anything constructive then don't bother.

TjP
29-12-08, 09:20 AM
Murray never said he was the first person to decat a 180... he said that since hearing his car a lot of people on here have been motivated it get it done themselves.

Murray203ps
29-12-08, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the support guys but i really don't need it. I'm not one of those guys who rises to people slating me. I've been places and seen things in my career so far that assures me that there are bigger things going on in the world than nagative comments on a website.

if he can't be bothered to read the thread properly before posting then thats his problem.

I to have been modifying the 180 since they arrived it the showrooms in 2001, so i would never put myself in a position to be open to comments from more experienced and knowledgable individuals.

afcbadam
29-12-08, 02:51 PM
well said mate

Bobdope2002
29-12-08, 04:33 PM
As Kev said should pass. I've had mine tested twice now and was way under the emissions on both occaisions.

that with or with out OE mani's and a decat???

Maxxed_Ross
29-12-08, 05:25 PM
Kev has the standard mani's

KevG
29-12-08, 06:04 PM
Kev has the standard mani's

Yes I do, for the moment anyway:shifty:

Murray203ps
03-01-09, 02:31 PM
that with or with out OE mani's and a decat???

Yeah with OE mannis and de-cat.