theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   ZS 180 2003 Silver (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=5888)

zaz 19-11-08 10:47 PM

Good for you, i cant afford to give things away myself :)

mikesezgreen 19-11-08 11:16 PM

It is a nice looking motor,

I paid £3500 for my 120+ earlier in the year with all the 180 kit on it. That only had 22k miles and 1 owner from new, i knew the guy selling it in work with me and i was fond of it so i invested, trouble is i'm getting the impression that these cars can't be bought for investment, i intend to keep mine running as long as possible as i won't get anything back for it.

All i think you can do is aim high and hold out as long as you can, just wait until the right buyer comes along...

As i'm only round the corner from you (figuratively speaking) i may be in a position to offer you a life line in the new year as my misses has started a new job and may need another car... hey it's alway's good to give a zed a good home...we are waiting to see how it pans out at the mo.

watch this space...:smile1:

summerfies 20-11-08 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaz (Post 77280)
Good for you, i cant afford to give things away myself :)

If you want to sell it mate you are going to have to. Great cars as they are they are not worth a lot these days.

mattzs 21-11-08 05:46 PM

Im looking for a ZS.

It is a sad state of affair that the cars are so cheap nowadays.

I would probably travel down to collect it but £3k is definatly too much.

53 and 04 reg's on autotrader for £3k and they are all 30k miles, 1 owners etc.

MK1 2001 reg, 38000 miles £2k... the list goes on.

zaz 21-11-08 09:02 PM

Not too bothered really, i might aswell keep it for the time being as ive sold a couple of motorbikes instead.

Someone will have it at the right price, i wont be giving it away as its too good a car for that.

Its funny though, how the little 1100 clubman im building will sell for more than this monster when im done :D

TjP 21-11-08 09:07 PM

Yeah the mini is a classic.

The 180 will be too one day, Im sure of it. Maybe not quite as much so as the mini, but definately a classic all the same.

dvid 22-11-08 10:37 AM

Only reason mine isnt for sale is I know I will only sell it for about 4.5K, maybe 5K max and thats too big a hit at the moment (paid over the odds back in Dec last year)

When it comes for a family car I will prob just part ex it and cut my losses :(

If someone offered me 6K tomorrow I would bite their arm off lol

carmadbaker 22-11-08 01:20 PM

just do wat i done...make the car YOURS, exactly how u want it! £3000 later and im nearly there :) lol

Maxxed_Ross 22-11-08 02:55 PM

or do what I did and buy something totally different - then rotate them so you don't get bored!

works a treat

zaz 22-11-08 04:09 PM

Thats the idea with the clubman :D

Hmm...wonder if i could fit the V6 in the mini...