theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 17-11-08, 09:16 AM   #1
zaz

zaz is on a distinguished road
ZS 180 2003 Silver

Unfortunately having to sell my lovely MG ZS 180, which is a shame as its a lovely smooth ride and very quick. However, having a new baby daughter more than makes up for it !

This was an impulse buy in July of this year, i paid Five Grand in total which included a part-ex on my old car and to me, it was worth every penny. However, i have an ongoing mini restoration project that is eating into my funds a bit more than i first suspected so i need to sell one of my 'toys' to fund it, so this silver bullet has to go.

Viewers to this forum will be familiar of course with the specs and performance of the ZS range so i will spare the details, suffice to say that this is a very good example with very few faults.

Faults i can list would be a loose NS front mudguard (keep forgetting to get round to fix it) and a bit of kerbing on the NS front rim, about an inch long (pic on request), Thats about it as far as i can see / tell.

Viewings and test drives welcome any time, with proof of insurance and a full deposit (you break, you buy etc).

Comes with 45.5k miles and a full service history, the black/blue half leather seats, blue tinted windows and a CD player, plus of course that big lump of a V6 up front

As i paid 5k not 5 months ago, i will be looking for around 4k, with no sensible offer rejected, so try me out, never know your luck!

I am located in Barry, south wales, which is just outside of Cardiff. I am open to part ex but only for a classic mini clubman 1275GT in good nick as thats going to be my next project once i have finished my current clubby

Finally, i will check back here daily so any messages or questions, please PM here and i will respond in good time, thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1990.jpg (74.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1991.jpg (67.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1993.jpg (58.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1994.jpg (61.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1997.jpg (63.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1998.jpg (56.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1999.jpg (60.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2000.jpg (65.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2001.jpg (89.0 KB, 62 views)
zaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-08, 09:23 AM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Not wanting to burst your bubble zaz, but you will not get £4k for it. Members have been selling a good low mileage mk2 for less than that. Typical prices for mk1's vary from as low as £1200 up to around £2500 for a very good one, the market is dictating this I'm afraid. Didn't anyone tell you at the time that you were paying well over the market price back in July?

Good luck, but I doubt if it will go unless you can take a bit hit, sorry.
Old 17-11-08, 12:15 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I think you paid over the odds when you got it, and if you look at others on the market, it's too expensive. Drop it another grand and take an offer.

Good luck mate .... Shame you only visited the site to sell.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-08, 01:20 PM   #4
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
Aye, Stamford and Dan are right unfortunately.

I paid 6k for my mk2 with 33k back in May, and that was quite a high price even for a mk2, though I was willing to pay that cause it was from a dealer and was right on my doorstep (not many mk2's around my area).

The value of these cars are really low atm, not a good time to sell.
Old 17-11-08, 01:46 PM   #5
Fudgepacker

Fudgepacker is on a distinguished road
i paid 4k with 14k on the clock for my mk2 120
Fudgepacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-08, 02:40 PM   #6
dave87

dave87 is on a distinguished road
i paid for 6K for my 110+ a year ago so your not the only one paying over the odds for a car. If that helps....
dave87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-08, 03:28 PM   #7
zaz

I am open to offers of course, and yes, from a regulars point of view it can be slightly annoying when people only visit your boards to sell something but in all honesty it didnt cross my mind to look for a suitable forum like this before i went ahead and bought the car, otherwise id be a regular here myself too

I understand the economic factors which stop people buying right now, it all makes sense and im fully aware how i let the wool be pulled over my eyes as regards the initial price i paid, but we live and learn i suppose hehe

Anyhoo, offers are welcome, whatever they may be, i wont compound my idiocy by ignoring them as i do have to sell the car one way or another.

Thanks for the replies aswell guys, all good info
Old 19-11-08, 07:46 PM   #8
zaz

I could go to 3k if anyone wanted it, but no lower than that really
Old 19-11-08, 09:32 PM   #9
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Mine sounds a bit of bargain in comparison!
Paid £3750 two and half years ago for a 25k mile, 3 and half year old 120!

Good luck with the sale though, silver saloons look very sleek.
Old 19-11-08, 10:19 PM   #10
summerfies

summerfies is on a distinguished road
I just sold my mint con, 32k 180 on an '04 plate for £3k. With extras of Twin powerflow stainless exhaust, 18 inch Kei alloys. It has been for sale for 5 months. So good luck with your sale
summerfies is offline   Reply With Quote