theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   zs vs hot hatches and wins (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=403)

lewerty 25-07-07 10:46 PM

zs vs hot hatches and wins

well some may remember from the other forums about this thread but i thought i would post one up on here, basically as the title says, all be it a little blast from the traffic lights to a track day, or at santa pod just nice to know what u can beat or cant beat, hey its all a bit of fun and we all do it now and then so share your stories :)

james

shroonie29 25-07-07 10:51 PM

Wooped a clio 197 a while ago :) Made me gigle lol.In fairness the driver gave credit when I slowed to a reasonable speed & he eventualy came past

Shroon

stamford 26-07-07 06:19 AM

Is this a good idea? :unsure: The last one got out of hand and had to be cleaned up because of that GTI baiter. We'll see, I for one got sucked in! :whistle:

Mat C 26-07-07 06:36 AM

If people still want to post about their fantasies then let them, it will run its course and no harm will be done hopefuly but i think it's best left well alone as these threads always lead to arguements and trolls.

Leasky 26-07-07 11:07 AM

if it gets outa hand then the people respomsible should be delt with accordingly!
ive hard;y had a chance to drive my 180 due to get it taxed 1st lol how do the compare to the like of
- subaru imprezza wrx (uk)
- ford focus ST
- renault clio 182
- seat lean cupra R

stamford 26-07-07 12:34 PM

It will be fine as long as any 'outsiders/trolls' don't register! :box:

sduk 26-07-07 12:47 PM

yup keep it clean and easy going, dont want to start falling out on here :)

arwilson80 26-07-07 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sduk (Post 4202)
yup keep it clean and easy going, dont want to start falling out on here :)

Yep, and we'll deal appropriately with the 'nasties'. :whip:

garythesnail 26-07-07 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leasky (Post 4178)
if it gets outa hand then the people respomsible should be delt with accordingly!
ive hard;y had a chance to drive my 180 due to get it taxed 1st lol how do the compare to the like of
- subaru imprezza wrx (uk)
- ford focus ST
- renault clio 182
- seat lean cupra R

I've driven a Leon Cupra (180bhp not the 225 bhp R) and the ZS is sharper, doesn't feel as heavy and is a bit quicker. Mrs Snail had a 2002 Bug-eye WRX for 5 years - real good car - ultimately faster than a ZS180. WRX is quicker on the straights, ZS is much sharper and quicker around the corners. ZS180 is more involving than both the above cars.

I haven't had a go at either ST or Clio 182.

Mrs Snail has taken delivery of a WRX with a 2.5 litre, 4 cylinder boxer engine which we can already tell is a quicker, sharper, more communicative car than the 2002 model we traded in. I will know properly after the 1000 mile run-in period (we're limited to 4000 RPM for another two weeks:yucky:)

Still, neither WRX can be put in 5th gear and driven round a roundabout at 15mph like the ZS.

As for 'running alongside' other cars:

Civic Type R - nothing in it.
Boxster - nothing in it (he must have been a crap driver)
Vectra V6 (don't laugh) not much in it in a straight line, different kettle of fish around the corners
Volvo S60 D5 (I said stop laughing) - nothing in it, which, as you can imagine, came as a surprise.

With things like this, I think there's more influence form the driver than the car and then there's who gets their foot on the throttle first and who's the biggest idiot willing to drive like a loony.

arwilson80 26-07-07 06:39 PM

'garythesnail' when you say Vectra V6, are you referring to the 2.8L VXR? When it comes time to change i'm thinking of a VXR Vectra (a bit away as i need to give them a little time to depreciate :)) so all info appreciated....