theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Age is creeping up! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=20878)

stamford 22-04-12 10:37 AM

Age is creeping up!

I think I may have to revert the 180 back to a fast road car. My back is not as strong as it once was and I think the Corbeau Forza's will have to go. Might replace the interior trim, carpets etc and fit a nice set of seats from a later mk2 perhaps?

I'm missing the zed on a daily basis and as it is stripped out it is not a nice ride for too long, Kathy hates it, so may well put some comfort back in it and enjoy as it should be. Besides track days are becoming an expensive luxury these days.

What should I do? Anyone got any ideas on what to fit in its place? Was thinking of a mk2 dash change as well.

Lukeus101 22-04-12 10:43 AM

I miss my stripped out zr a fair bit, it's noisy lowered pain in the backside type features still hold a place in my heart. Can't you just get a cheap runabout?

Dan1971 22-04-12 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeus101 (Post 249911)
I miss my stripped out zr a fair bit, it's noisy lowered pain in the backside type features still hold a place in my heart. Can't you just get a cheap runabout?

Get an alcantara interior in there mate if you can find one. Wouldn't bother with a dash change to be honest.

I've seen a Mk1 on the bay that has an alcantara interior fitted. It's going to go for about £850 and the belts are done. You could always get it and use it for the road, and keep yours as it stands so that you've got something that little bit special.

stamford 22-04-12 10:52 AM

I don't have the room or finances to run another car, I insure three as it is! Besides I want to use the zed more! I have the Discovery for everyday stuff but miss the fun the zed brings. In an ideal world I would have a mk2 180 for everyday and keep the mk1 for track only use. However whatever I do I still need a Discovery sized vehicle to tow a 25' caravan and transport three Dalmatians!

talkingcars 22-04-12 11:01 AM

How about getting a ZT-T 190 instead of the 4x4 and donating the ZS to the southern area ZS track car scheme?

tb steve 22-04-12 11:05 AM

could you adapted a new interior so if you did go on a track day then it wont take long to re-fit and revert back again

say quick release bolts for the seats ??

er sound proofing all ready stuck on the underside of the carpets

dont know what else

Zippy Saloon 22-04-12 11:22 AM

MkII dash is fairly easy change - feels a lot more modern.

sim85 22-04-12 11:40 AM

A nice blue Alcantara trim with mk2 dash,lovely stuff!

daytona365 22-04-12 12:15 PM

Put a nice comfy seat in the wifes side, F1 style ear plugs so it sounds quiet and a nice green buttoned leather one for you (as you getting old).
Oh Pair of nice thick coats, to make it nice and warm.

Sorted and cheap......................You could put a "Age concern" sticker in the window to complete things!!!!!!!!!!!

. Im off to swim the channel and run the marathon as Im still young!!!

stamford 22-04-12 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 249931)
Put a nice comfy seat in the wifes side, F1 style ear plugs so it sounds quiet and a nice green buttoned leather one for you (as you getting old).
Oh Pair of nice thick coats, to make it nice and warm.

Sorted and cheap......................You could put a "Age concern" sticker in the window to complete things!!!!!!!!!!!

. Im off to swim the channel and run the marathon as Im still young!!!

I may be older than some, but not all but I know how to ban people :strongbench:

Suppose I had better buy a Rover then.............