View Single Post
Old 18-10-13, 04:28 PM   #57
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I assume at the fly and calculated?

Any idea what whp it was?

Have seem 145whp equated to 175+fly hp, but in my mind thats just dreaming.

At least with whp there is something slightly comparable

sounds like you are doing what the honda britcar boys did?

If so, they based their build on an article written by 2 leicestershire lads which was published in the states as a theory exercise.
The britcar build was 30hp down on what it could/should have made
Having spoke to the chaps and seen their work, the full 330hp is possible if done properly and with attention to detail.
Was already involved with a 340bhp build last year and that engine has been transplanted and slightly de-tuned mild road car, 300bhp is very easy to achieve you can make an easy 260+ with a stock K24 bottom and just a K20 head, the jump from 260 upwards is cams and valve train, pistons and rods and light porting work.
The replacement for that build is a full out 400bbhp k2.6 block still 4 pot but with sleeved block and over bored and stroked, will need to run dry sump with the largest Kinsler ITB’s and on ethanol it will make a lot more power than 400+, big spec engine and purely for racing.
What I have in mind is cheap and simple, reliable and 300bhp NAP is more than a match for any FWD turbo car on the road today, the plus side will be the torque at 1800 rpm to 9000rpm.
Doing it in a ZS shell will be a nice touch, Lotus Elsie boys have been doing this conversion as have the Honda crowd for years.

This was the old car on a slowish run (far land blue Honda)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPjKry_Ukew

Put that engine into a ZS quiet it down a tad though
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote