View Single Post
Old 10-03-18, 10:37 AM   #40
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Some interesting points of view put across here, great reading!

Would love a ZTT 260, if only an auto! I know

I do like the RS6, however I do prefer the C5 model, classic looks and wide body. The later models have the Lamborghini V10, I prefer the V8 rumble. My S6 is not what I call a good buy, having a few issues. Hopefully get them sorted in time but may probably sell later in the year. The devil inside says keep it, got stupid ideas on shoe-horsing all of that into the zed! Love the idea of a V8 Quattro ZS

My only concern with throwing a V8 into a Zs would what would it do to the handling...

I know that the KV6 and L-series are not as nimble as the 1.8's; so throwing an even bigger V8 might be a compromise too great... would sound awesome without as much soundproofing/refinement in the ZS though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
It's cool that you've found a modern car which you really like in the mustang, there is just something about the sound of a v8. When (if) they start to depreciate I'll no doubt be drawn to then as a potential second hand buy in a few years.
German cars as a rule are awesome, I can't deny that. They are just too clinical for me and I can't be dealing with the "young professional" cliche of owning one. I'd rather rock up to work in my daily 45. I appreciate I'm not normal however and secretly I like fixing it when it breaks .
Tbh I'd they sold the challenger over here in RHD I'd sell the mustang and get that instead; just prefer that real muscle-car look; and it is a "better" car than the S550 all told...

That said, I'm in no rush to get rid of the 'stang - apart from cold days when I'm worried about falling off the road at 20mph (changing the tyres soon should help there though + spring being closer helps matters (when not snowing )), it puts a grin on my face each and every time I get in our out of it.... Like the ZS I often look back at it parked up and smile....

With the ZS it is more relief that I've not broken down again - but also due to knowing the history and I'm still glad/proud that I've not given up and got rid of the dammed thing
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote