theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 28-05-09, 11:07 PM   #1
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
some people are complete pricks

just been reading a review on the 180, one bloke says " THE 180 IS NOSE HEAVY AND CANT HANDLE ON A TRACK, AN ST 170 WOULD FRASH IT!" is he some sort of idiot or what. these people really **** me off, i bet hes driven neither of the cars, atleast he hasnt got a clue about the cars!

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-09, 01:32 AM   #2
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the term you are looking for is ignorant

And for the record last time we were at Brands me and Mick were tackling a Focus ST3 and the guy could NOT shake us. In some corners I was less than 3ft from his rear bumper. He was competitively racing and holding up literally a pack of ZS's as in the straights we were pretty equal but we were faster in the corners but obviously your not allowed to overtake on corners....

Fun times, I remember seeing the guy afterwards and he was dripping in sweat and he looked over at me and I smiled and winked. Gave him a run for his money we did
Old 29-05-09, 07:24 AM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yep, that is true, I was carrying an extra 90kg as well that day, thanks Paul!

For someone to state that means they have not driven either on track. If the ZS was that poor I would not track it. From memory I reckon it is better than the HS Chevette I used to own and that was on competition Bilsteins.
Old 29-05-09, 07:50 AM   #4
Martin C

Martin C is on a distinguished road
I expect it was written by the guy who was holding you all up, getting his own back

Countless racing drivers have atested to the phenominal handling of the ZS and I think the 120 has slightly sharper turn in due to having two less cylinders. But of course you wave them good-bye down the striaght.

Chevette HS, now I'm lovin' that Mick, but such a different beast, power slide anyone Did a lot of work on these and its Opel rival, Kadette GTE, in the mid seventies for the British Rally Championship.
Old 29-05-09, 09:07 AM   #5
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
If the ZS was that bad why did a lot of Racing Schools use them to train drivers round to race?? (Silverstone still have two yellow ones If I am not mistaken?)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-09, 09:17 AM   #6
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
I chased a ST 170 along my own private dual carriage way a year or so ago and I distinctly remember the ping ping ping bang crash as his engine let go and small pieces of it hit my car (no damage done though) and that was in my little old 120, ooooh what fun

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-09, 09:24 AM   #7
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
when i did my track day at truxton 6 years ago they had a fleet of tophy blue 180 saloons people used to learn the track before getting in the ferrari's etc.

made me decide to get my ZS over a leon
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-09, 09:49 AM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Brands used to run them as well, half caged 180's, that was the first time in a 180 back then, must have been around 5 years ago.
Old 29-05-09, 02:19 PM   #9
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
If a ZS can run with an ST3 I would imagine it would walk all over an ST170! Cant say I've ever had the pleasure of racing either though.

Oh, and Pembrey Circuit has a small fleet of ZS180s which they use for their Performance Driving School. Been wanting to book a day with them for some time, but the £170 always seems to go elsewhere.