theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-10-11, 02:36 PM   #11
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
I should have known that contributing to this thread would be like saying to God: "come and have a go then if you think you're hard enough"!

After my ZS took the family and I down to Bournemouth and back over the weekend (without incident) I decided to treat it to a good clean. It had got pretty dusty, and a blowing boost hose had left some oily gunk around the intercooler and spattered about the engine bay. So I gave it a thorough jetwash and must have poked my lance somewhere naughty, because now I have a constantly lit green snowflake on the dashboard!

I've noticed this snowflake before - in the handbook it says it's for snow mode on 2.0 petrol auto models, but previously it's just come on as a check-light for a few seconds at about the same time as the coolant level light, then gone off again. Now it stays on constantly. Anyone got any idea how to get rid of it, short of removing the bulb?

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 06:42 PM   #12
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Had great weather for your trip, better then July or August.

Would have loved to have seen your motor.

Sounds like you have a sensor or plug that has got wet, should imagine it will sort itself from the heat in the engine bay.
Old 06-10-11, 02:21 PM   #13
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Yes, the weather was faultless.

I was looking out for ZS's (particularly yellow ones!), but it seems we are few and far between.
The hotel was just slightly back from West Cliff, so it was only a few minutes zig-zag walk down to the beach. Put in a good few miles though - visited Corfe Castle, Swanage, Kimmeridge and a personal favourite of mine: The Square and Compass at Worth Matravers.
To say I wasn't hanging about, I was quite pleased that the car averaged 42mpg.
That bulb still hasn't gone out, so I've unplugged it from the back of the dash and run it into the driver's cubby-hole. It'll make a nice little storage light until it decides to sort it's life out, then it won't bother me anyway.

Old 06-10-11, 05:31 PM   #14
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Think we headed for the forest, bet you got some good views from Worth Matravers, must know your way around here to find that pub!!!
Old 06-10-11, 08:15 PM   #15
Enright

A friend of mine lives in Bearwood and took me there once.
Helluva place to try and find a second time though - took us ages!