AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Closed Thread

Old 16-10-12, 07:35 PM   #251
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
yeah lean and hot.

although ive just taken the link pipe off and found the front branch was leaking. will be better soon.
Janspeed does it again, good price, crap quality! and that was a replacement for the original link that was no-where near fitting!

Drew
Old 06-11-12, 08:16 PM   #252
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
spoke to Greenald yesterday, said G had mentioned he was brining yours down but never got back to him.

Drew
Old 07-11-12, 07:46 AM   #253
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb steve View Post
yes dave a bit closer

all the MOT bits have been done
and steve from track and road is popping up to look at the bottom end(revs) on friday for some live mapping and may be some more RR but have to wait and see if it needs it or not
didn't this happen then ?
Old 07-11-12, 10:19 PM   #254
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
it did its already for the mot all parts have been fitted but i needed so mapping done on the bottom to sort it out for the mot no big deal i thought
so steve from track and road popped up to see G to have a look to see what he could do and guess what its looks like its not been mapped ??????
so this could be going further so i don't wont to say to much at the mo
so nothing will be happen for a while gutted is not the word one little plus side is it's 230 bhp ish with out the map so there could be a little more there

cant blame G for this as he did not do the mapping
Old 08-11-12, 07:02 AM   #255
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
How are you keeping calm about this? I would be spitting bullets long before now. I admire your patience but this is not right in my eyes. You need a new project manager!
Old 08-11-12, 11:14 AM   #256
sh4ggyd00

sh4ggyd00 is on a distinguished road

this would be me if i was in your situation,
really dont kknow how you can be calm about it! lol
Old 08-11-12, 01:53 PM   #257
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
Based on you having the car mapped at Thor (I think)

Thor didn't actually map the car?
There is no way on gods earth the car would have run 230hp safely unmapped, it must have a street tune at least?
I really can't imagine Thor taking money and not mapping, this could lead to major issues, if your car melted a piston due to the map and you have an invoice from Thor for the work done then they are wide open.
Are you sure the map wasn't corrupted or wiped off the ECU and it reverted to the base map?

I would leave the car with Steve to map and see about getting your money back from Thor, I'm absolutely stunned, something doesn't add up.
Old 08-11-12, 01:59 PM   #258
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
But he paid G to get it mapped at Thor so it must have been done!
Old 08-11-12, 02:13 PM   #259
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb steve View Post
it did its already for the mot all parts have been fitted but i needed so mapping done on the bottom to sort it out for the mot no big deal i thought
so steve from track and road popped up to see G to have a look to see what he could do and guess what its looks like its not been mapped ??????
so this could be going further so i don't wont to say to much at the mo
so nothing will be happen for a while gutted is not the word one little plus side is it's 230 bhp ish with out the map so there could be a little more there

cant blame G for this as he did not do the mapping
If the car was not mapped at thor then it can be only one of two reasons why ....either,
1. They hadn't been asked to map it, or they hadn't been paid to map it.
2. The car had a fault preventing safe mapping.

If no mapping done was down to a fault then thor would have contacted either you or the engine builder and told you of the fault and recommended it be fixed before mapping.
I don't believe thor would have claimed to have mapped it if they didn't, do you have a receipt from thor for mapping.
Phone thor up and ask them about your car and what they were asked to do with it.!
I wouldn't consider it unsafe to thrash the car on the rollers totally unmapped, you have to know its not going to blow itself to bits !

Last edited by Quadcam24; 10-11-12 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-11-12, 02:16 PM   #260
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough

Last edited by Eddie; 08-11-12 at 02:20 PM.
Closed Thread