theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-02-13, 05:08 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Started the zed today

It's been off the road since November and untouched and unloved. So seeing the sun was shining I thought why not! So battery was ready charged, removed the fuel pump relays and cranked it over until the oil light went out, popped the relays back in and it sprang into life on the button. I forgot how sweet it sounded! Brakes were a little stuck but they soon let go when I rolled it back and forward.

Surprisingly it was still pretty clean since when I last washed it, except for the wheels which are mud splattered from the rain lately.

Just got a dilemma whether I can justify taxing it before our holiday or leave it until after MOT is due beginning of April as well. I really want to do the PoL this time.

Also started refurbing my spare alloys, BK299s in 17s, were matt black, looked naff. Sprayed one white but thought nah looks too much hard work keeping them clean, been there before. So sprayed another with some gunmetal type, I had bought a couple of cans to refurb the Discovery alloys but never got around to it. Looks darned good, so think they will all get that colour finish now.

Roll on sunny days, no rain and long daylight hours!
Old 17-02-13, 05:17 PM   #2
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
You know you want to to do POL.........It would look great amongst all the others..
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-13, 05:32 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Good man ... must admit I was getting worried.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-13, 07:02 PM   #4
paulzs180

paulzs180 is on a distinguished road
do POL dude I am
paulzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-13, 07:27 PM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
By the sound of it the car wants to get up and go.

Started on the button, what more can it do to convince you??????????
Old 17-02-13, 07:28 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
The trouble is the MOT expires before then and I need to buy 4 new tyres. I may have to finish refurbing the 17s and get a few part worns to tide me over until after the holiday. Then I can get a set of new 18s.
Old 17-02-13, 07:47 PM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Thats the trouble all comes at once.
Old 17-02-13, 08:01 PM   #8
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
The car is crying out to go home to its birthplace.................
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote