theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 06-04-13, 02:25 PM   #1
Radiomike

Radiomike is on a distinguished road
Mk2 headlamp cap + breather retainer

I'm struggling to find the part numbers for the following if they are still available, if not used will do if any one has them:

1. 1 x the black plastic cover that seals the hole in the back of the headlamp for bulb access.
2. 2 x the smaller 9mm bore red top hat shaped plastic cap that fits on the hard plastic breather pipe on a KV6 between the front cam cover and throttle body.

Any help appreciated.
Radiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 03:11 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
The plastic retainers for the breathers aren't available as separate items, they come pre-fitted to new pipes I think, but I'll check.

I'm pretty sure the mk2 headlamp caps have been nla for a long time, (good pocket treasure from breakers) lol.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 03:34 PM   #3
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I've drawn a complete blank on both those items, the drawing for the breather pipes shows a couple if items which might be the retainers, but doesn't identify them.

The headlamp caps aren't even shown.

I'll search some more, see what it turns up.

Old 06-04-13, 03:47 PM   #4
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Other manufacturers headlamp caps might fit if you measure up, think they may be valeo units???
Old 06-04-13, 04:31 PM   #5
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

It seems that the push fit breather connectors are possibly John Guest Automotive connectors, but it seems that the body is bonded into the cam cover, the easiest solution seems to be finding a breaker that will let you take out the Red bit that you need, they flick out with a small flat screwdriver really easily apparently.

Old 06-04-13, 11:24 PM   #6
Radiomike

Radiomike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
The plastic retainers for the breathers aren't available as separate items, they come pre-fitted to new pipes I think, but I'll check.

I'm pretty sure the mk2 headlamp caps have been nla for a long time, (good pocket treasure from breakers) lol.
Thanks Pete and Ritchy, that is more or less what I found. I have the new pipe but it doesn't come with the retainers; I might try my local LR dealer.
Radiomike is offline   Reply With Quote