ITG 11 35.48%
BMC 16 51.61%
Other 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-12-07, 07:56 AM   #1
stripey

stripey is on a distinguished road
Angry

Bad news guys - the ITG kit is available but my supplier would need to buy 20 to obtain, and pass on any, 20% discount. But he would need to pay cash up front and he isn't in a position to do this.

It seems that this is standard terms with ITG so if anyone (Ralph?) can afford to take this on then it may still be worth a look - saying that it's only going to reduce the price to ~£280 unless whoever arranges it decides to take a cut in margin?

Sorry about this guys & gals - but it does look like the BMC could be a good option at that price (£150) if all the bits are included.

Greg
stripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-07, 08:07 AM   #2
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripey View Post
Bad news guys - the ITG kit is available but my supplier would need to buy 20 to obtain, and pass on any, 20% discount. But he would need to pay cash up front and he isn't in a position to do this.

It seems that this is standard terms with ITG so if anyone (Ralph?) can afford to take this on then it may still be worth a look - saying that it's only going to reduce the price to ~£280 unless whoever arranges it decides to take a cut in margin?

Sorry about this guys & gals - but it does look like the BMC could be a good option at that price (£150) if all the bits are included.

Greg
Ralph should have some news about the BMC today so we shall see.

I had a feeling that the ITG would be difficult to get a discount on since it is a specific kit for the ZS unlike the BMC which is generic.

At least you tried dude .

Only other suggestion would be to post the group buy up on XPF and any of the other forums.........might be wise to PM a mod first though to make sure they are happy with it....DeMoNPauL for example on XPF......

at least that was you may be able to get the 20 people you need.........as for costs........I am unsure how you would go about getting hold of the full monies....

Maybe holding the cheques until you have 20 people? then once you have those........PM the peeps.......cash them in......once cleared place the order and then go from there??? thats a huge ask in terms of trust from peeps but there aren't many options open to you

Granville
Old 21-12-07, 08:33 AM   #3
Venom

Venom is on a distinguished road
Good point, might be worth getting other forums involved? I have the money waiting for the ITG but then thats just 1 not 20

2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR - Flame Red
2001 MKI MG ZS 180 - Trophy Blue
Commission no: ZS 004021
1989 MKII Honda CRX Race Car
Xbox Live Tag: SoloXalio
Old 21-12-07, 08:42 AM   #4
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Good point, might be worth getting other forums involved? I have the money waiting for the ITG but then thats just 1 not 20
The big problem still remaining for the ITG is that all the monies need to be upfront most of us will struggle to pay for our own induction system this time of year......

Someone will need to take charge of all the monies to make the purchase.....and Stripey has done all the legwork so it will be him.........will 20 people pay £280 to Stripey upfront??

Granville
Old 21-12-07, 09:16 AM   #5
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
Since you asked... I can do the ITG kit for £323.13 plus postage for a single one for forum members. I'll have to speak to our supplier to see what I can do for multiple items.

Arkwright

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-07, 09:24 AM   #6
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
At least you tried dude .
...and that's what counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
will 20 people pay £280 to Stripey upfront??
Somehow i doubt it, but not through any fault of Stripey. I have lost money through another forum , and i for one am now very reluctant to give any money to anyone unless they have an actual shop rather than soley on-line.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-07, 11:09 AM   #7
stripey

stripey is on a distinguished road
"Stripey Tried..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwilson80 View Post
...and that's what counts.

"Giving Stripey money..."

Somehow i doubt it, but not through any fault of Stripey. I have lost money through another forum , and i for one am now very reluctant to give any money to anyone unless they have an actual shop rather than soley on-line.
I have no problems with that - and I wouldn't feel comfortable holding people's hard earned money just in case I come a cropper and am not around any more.

Another possible way would be to make cheques payable to the supplier.

Ralph - I have been told that if you buy 20 ITG kits you get 20% off list price, standard terms from ITG so you may be in a better position to set this up and pass the saving on?

Let's keep this going and see whether we can get a deal on the ITG which is my kit of choice...

Last edited by stripey; 21-12-07 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Ooops, didn't multi quote...
stripey is offline   Reply With Quote