theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-06-08, 09:01 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I posted a thread on this a few weeks ago..........
490 miles driven hard took 2 tanks
then did 400 miles on a tank and 8 litres the following day by driving as below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
how on earth some of you are getting 400 miles from a tank I have no idea
You have to accelerate gently, plan your drive by anticipating what will happen to the traffic ahead, allow longer for breaking, try not to stop completly but keep rolling unless you have to stop, keep the engine speed below about 3500pm (VIS opening speed) but dont labour the engine.
Old 11-06-08, 12:04 AM   #12
Blinky

Blinky is on a distinguished road
recently changed jobs and now i find myself sitting in traffic stop start for half hour and i am using double the amount of fuel...so i thinking of getting rid and geeting a bike...
Old 11-06-08, 07:30 AM   #13
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I know what you mean Blinky, I sit there watching the bikes flowing past. I'm not allowed a bike as the wife and kids don't approve, I don't blame them as I have lost a few friends along the way. One day.
Old 11-06-08, 08:03 AM   #14
summerfies

summerfies is on a distinguished road
I get about 325 miles to a tank regularly and that is driving 18 miles to work where about 14 miles are country roads and 4 miles of busy town traffic plus the school run twice a week where i do 1 mile in 20 minutes. I tried to px my 180 this week, 04 plate in mint con, with 29k miles and no accident history and have been offered on px anything between £2500 and £3200. Thanks government.
summerfies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08, 08:09 AM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
That's why I won't sell mine, it's not worth it. I'd rather keep it and buy another car as well as.
Old 11-06-08, 08:59 AM   #16
midcuk

midcuk is on a distinguished road
yup cant afford to keep it cant afford to sell it ! thanks labour
midcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-08, 06:55 AM   #17
mrt_04

mrt_04 is on a distinguished road
I do a round trip commute of 140miles...East Sussex to LHR & return, normally 3 day week 12hour shifts. My ZS180 is averaging 36mph, that's with country lane flat out!!!! & motorway driving at 65mph or 6.5mph on the M25!!!!

Not too bad, but have noticed the fuel prices are beginning to hit me. Even went shopping in Morrison's & noticed the severe lack of `bargains`.........things to come?????????

mrt_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-08, 08:38 AM   #18
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Well i recon i can save myself at least £1000 in fuel over the course of a year just by leaving at different times.

All this week i have been lazy and not wanted to get up so hence missed the vast majority of 'rush hour' traffic (1½ - 2 hours of stop / start every day). I'd say that in the course of a week that has saved me at least 20L of petrol.

So 20L @ £1.10 = 22.00/week savings
22.00/week savings * 48 weeks = £1056.00/year.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-08, 05:26 PM   #19
Southern Storm
I'm Zeddin It

Southern Storm is on a distinguished road
Whilst my little one was ill the other week I took her out in the Z as she would only sleep in a moving car. 2:15am I took her out in the car, drove around 140 miles and returned around 5am didn't go faster than 50 most of the time under that and all done in just under 1/4 tank of fuel. 1 evening in a trip to the moors and back with a mate and a heavier foot. 1/4 tank in around 1/2 an hour. Really depends how you drive em. lol

If you're having car problems, I feel bad for you son.
I got 99 problems but my Zed aint one!

A labour of love but never a problem.
Southern Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-08, 06:17 PM   #20
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
I have just done a 1150 mile round trip to Le Mans. Most of it was motorway driving but i also did a lot of looning around whilst there using all it's power through all the gears and ragging it around the track after the race ! I only used 3 and a half tanks for it all. Part of my success in the economy was using the 'ECON' mode for the climate control. This helped offset the extra weight the car had to pull such as my 15 stone brother and a boot full and back seat full of camping equipment !
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote