Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-11-11, 12:52 PM   #11
Mr ZS180

Mr ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
dont like vauxhalls from a mechanics point o view
Everyone I know that has had Astras or Corsas have had to have major work done on them even with very low mileage. I know 2 people that had Corsas that needed gearboxes replacing less than 30k miles. Inlet manifold needed replacing on my brothers Astra and IIRC it made the 180's Inlet look cheap compared to that!! I wouldn't touch a Vauxhall!!!

And that 'soft touch' indicator. Absolutely horrible!!!
Old 27-11-11, 01:09 PM   #12
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Im sold on mine for a little while longer

Been out in the zed for the 1st time properly in over a month part of my journey i decided to around some twisty country lanes within 2 mins a boy racer and his roller painted make up faced GF in his Golf GTI comes flying up behind me about 2 cms of my bumper so i thought mines only a babay and in the straights he muller me but i dropped the box and floored it.....

could he keep up with the zed cud he boot haha was proper fun and i had a massive smile on my face :d
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-11, 01:25 PM   #13
Squeaks

Squeaks will become famous soon enough
such children!!!!

says he whos just been told off by mr plod for drifting the BMW in a empty car park lol
Old 27-11-11, 01:31 PM   #14
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
such children!!!!

says he whos just been told off by mr plod for drifting the BMW in a empty car park lol
i cant help it

it handles like its on rails and i felt like colin mccrae for 5 mins too
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-11, 01:34 PM   #15
fordie2

fordie2 is on a distinguished road
You only live once, if thats what you want go for it!!!
Old 27-11-11, 05:04 PM   #16
Dav

Dav is on a distinguished road
I'm always thinking about getting rid, but as soon as I look at it again, I remember why I bought it in the first place. The looks are what drew me to it in the first place. Even today a little boy shouted to his dad and stared at it lol

Best bet IMO would be to start some kind of project with it, it'll be worth it in the end, better than any VXR...

AW04 HZG - My first love, in that scrapheap in the sky
SC54 FOU - The new bit, I'm in love again
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-11, 05:37 PM   #17
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Stay away from the vxr mate or if i,m honest any vauxhall there all pants the vxr may be quick in a stright line but you will end up in a field they just dont handle vauxhall have never been good on the chassis side of things. id stick with the zs but if you realy want to change take a look at the leon cupra very nice car they are id also have a look at a focus st but like you said your not that keen on the focus so thats a no no for you i suppose
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-11, 08:46 PM   #18
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
go drive a vxr , only way is to see for yourself, build quality, equipment, interior, everything are all in another league to a zs ....sorry i love the zs but its dated and looks it now.
Vxr are reliable , i use some vx forums and they report no more problems than the mg forums....and lets remember for every zs out there there are probably 10 vxr's so that says some thing!!
Quicker in a straight line and dont believe all the rubbish handling claims, its not the class leader in handling but they can cover ground quickly.
From a to b the average driver will be comfortably quicker in the vxr.
Best bit is they are so easy to tune, 240 bhp standard , 255 with just a new exhaust, 280 with a re map and 320 lb ft which makes them a proper quick car.
The zs 180 can punch above its weight and value for money its hard to beat, but if you can afford it, then you cant be blamed for admiring newer, better, more powerfull cars .......tbh 177 bhp these days is not even enough to take it seriously!

Last edited by Quadcam24; 27-11-11 at 08:48 PM.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-11, 10:11 PM   #19
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Dude, they are a hell of lot better cars out there than an Astra VXR!, ever since I bought my ZS, I have always yearned after a Focus ST, and now a New Focus RS (Not everybody taste, just mine!), but funds dont allow and the trade in value for the ZS is pitiful so therefore it is a no go area until the ZS dies then and only until then I will see about getting a more powerful/modern car.

Just my 2p worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
go drive a vxr , only way is to see for yourself, build quality, equipment, interior, everything are all in another league to a zs ....sorry i love the zs but its dated and looks it now.
Vxr are reliable , i use some vx forums and they report no more problems than the mg forums....and lets remember for every zs out there there are probably 10 vxr's so that says some thing!!
Quicker in a straight line and dont believe all the rubbish handling claims, its not the class leader in handling but they can cover ground quickly.
From a to b the average driver will be comfortably quicker in the vxr.
Best bit is they are so easy to tune, 240 bhp standard , 255 with just a new exhaust, 280 with a re map and 320 lb ft which makes them a proper quick car.
The zs 180 can punch above its weight and value for money its hard to beat, but if you can afford it, then you cant be blamed for admiring newer, better, more powerfull cars .......tbh 177 bhp these days is not even enough to take it seriously!
I have had 2 Vauxhall Astra's recently 1 being a Mk3 and 1 a Mk5 Hatch, but now have Mk5 Sportshatch, and to be very honest the build quality is not as good as people make out and panel fit etc is good, but an overall view the cars are good, but as I said before better cars than Vauxhalls out there.............

Last edited by KevG; 27-11-11 at 10:17 PM.
KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-11, 10:15 PM   #20
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
is it more you dont like this new zs as much as your old black one?