theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-02-09, 08:43 PM   #21
markyzs180

markyzs180 is on a distinguished road
Cos the Mrs wanted one!!! We have always had an estate/bus for the kids/dogs so our 2nd car is always a 'fun' one!! We'd had an iggy blue mk2 zr which we loved but it was only the 1.4 and a bit underpowered, anyhows after a few different motors she said 'have you seen the mk2 zs with the bodykits, they look the biz!' to be honest I hadn't and was looking at zr160's and scooby sportwagons then I saw a mk2 hatch in iggy blue whizz past me (turned out to be Sheddist) and that was it, all out for a 180! John180 beat me to his black one, then my brother phoned me at work one night to say a blue one had just appeared on the trader so I rang it, the bloke was gobsmacked as he had only put it on 10 minutes before and it was 11:30pm when I called him! I went up to York 3 days later with the cash and having already transferred it onto my insurance took it for a quick spin and that was it, I bought it!

2005 MG ZS 180 Saloon Gone, but still in the family....
markyzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 09:05 PM   #22
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
When the zed range was first announced an press pics shown i knew i wanted a zr straight away when i could afford it, had always liked the shape of the 200/25 and the zed range added the styke i liked. Then i split up wi my fiancee and money i had put past for a house for us was burning a hole in my pocket so went shopping i wanted the 120 as i had a 1.4 car at the time and the 160 would be a killer on my insurance an out of my price range. picked up my new 120 on 8th Dec 2002 and loved it for the 5 yr an 1 day i had her, still miss my wee zr

i had test drove a zs 120 when going for my zr 120 an knew they were a cracking car to drive so wheni was starting to think of a change i was looking at the facelift zs's, mainly as the looks had been freshened up so much and the bodykit added the 'bulk' i thought they needed, didn't think i could afford the 180 so was looking at the derv as i already had a zr 120 an the zs 120 carried more weight and i didn't want a drop in performance, but wi the help of evil craig saying that fuel consumption etc wasn't that bad i decided on the 180 and after a bit of searching i found my black ane in dundee which with the help of sammy i got and took a couple of treks down from ness to test drive then pick it up on 9th Dec 2007. My zs just seems to get better and better ro me the now, probably cos i have got the daft wee nigles sorted that the previous owner hadn't got sorted or had caused. the handling is fantastic and the sound........phenomanal, had the window down listening to the noise bounce of the central reservation as i put the foot down on my way home from work earlier. yet it is so comfortable, could probably drive for hundreds an hundreds of miles and still feel at ease
Old 27-02-09, 10:53 PM   #23
ian zs180

i had a vectra that says it all . well i wanted a zr 160 to be honest i,ve always liked the zr i,ve never owned a mgr car before always had fords and vauxhall before ,but when the zed range was released i just loved the zr anyway late 2006 i decided i would have one when i was looking at my local dealer i came across the zs180 mk2 and just thought wow that looks awsome the kit just looked the dogs danglies and the rest was history my mind was made up i got the zs back in feb 2007 i just love it loads of power ,great handling and i still get the same buzz from it as i did the first day i got it
Old 28-02-09, 07:18 AM   #24
stripey

stripey is on a distinguished road
I started my driving life in a hand me down Rover 420 GSI with 139,000 on the clock 7 years ago and then had the opportunity and finance to change - tried the ZS120 and really liked it but couldn't afford the insurance so ended up with a Ford Focus 1.8 - loved that car and the handling (had traction control as well).

Eventually decided there was no point having 2 decent cars (wife had a Focus estate) so sold my Focus and went for a 1.1 Punto from a friend, then had the offer of a 1.3 Accent Coupe for a steal as a friend emigrated. Anyhow did well financially out of the deals and kept the Accent for 2 1/2 years until such time as my testosterone levels had plummeted and I needed a revival.

TBH my first choice was a Focus ST170 but at the top of my price range - on thinking again I remembered how much I enjoyed the 420GSI and ZS120 I started looking at ZS180's and got a bargain Mk1 with 58,000 for £2,900 a year and a half ago - haven't looked back.

I really enjoy the Zed and won't get rid til it's dead...

Last edited by stripey; 28-02-09 at 07:20 AM.
stripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-09, 08:59 AM   #25
SimonMGZS

SimonMGZS is on a distinguished road
when i first saw the zed's come out in 2001 in the papers and i thought to myself i want one of those so i had a look at my finances to see if i could afford to buy one and at the time i couldn't and then in 2002 one of my local dealers was doind a deal on them £1k deposit and 0% apr over three years with one years free insurance on the zs120 so i off i go and do all the paperwork and the car gets delivered so i go and have a look at it and so we go back to the showroom and the sales man tells me there is a problem the insurance would not give me the free insurance due to the three points on my licence so the deal fell through on that car. the good news is still to come

so i decided to get the one i really wanted and get my own insurance so i put in a order for the zs180 in solar red and the car was delivered and i have never looked back and when the mk2's were made and when i first saw that at brands hatch in 2004 and i thought to myself i have definately got to have one of those so i waited for 2005 to come and i placed my order for one in january 2005 and again never looked back and i maybe looking to buy my old zs 180 back off a friend of mine who i sold it too in 2006.
2005 mg zs180 2.5ltr v6

janspeed full stainless steel sports exhaust
itg maxogen induction kit
19" rss alloy wheels
SimonMGZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 11:55 AM   #26
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Always loved them from the moment I saw the BTCC advert in one of the big papers.
Its showed a TB saloon and a reflection underneath of the BTCC car!
Went to a few BTCC events and wanted one straight away!
That was in 2001, but finally got one in 2006! Worth the wait!
Old 02-03-09, 10:54 AM   #27
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Price to buy, Reliability, Looks, and to a certain extent running costs.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 10:57 AM   #28
RichZS180

RichZS180 is on a distinguished road
I fell in love with the ZS180 the very first time i saw one and vowed to have one at some point in my life.

My older sis had a ZR160 which she handed me the keys but for me it was always the ZS180. My mates used to take the p**s out of me for wanting a tarted up 'Rover' with a body kit and big wheels! I told em where to go anyway. Had a punto HGT at the time but as with it being a Fiat things started going wrong and i got shot of rather quickly. Saw a 2002 ZS180 with 47k on the clock for 3k and traded in the punto.

Had it just over 7 months now and still loving it! Its like nothing i've ever driven and it handles so good!
RichZS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 08:22 PM   #29
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Why did i get a ZS.. well it was easy...

1) i crashed my first car and as punishement my parents "helped" me by loaning me the money only if i bought something they thought would be a sensible car. A 1.8 non turbo pug 205 - a wopping 58bhp when new...

kept that on the road for 2 years and had had enough, for my 21st birthday my parents had bought me a track day experience and thruxton and i drove a 180, and got a ride in the touring car.

I was considering a leon derv up until then, but after that it was game over. I went to the local dealer to my parents in March 2004, told the i wanted a mk1 ZS hatch diesel (the mk2 about to b released but not out yet)...
asked what was in stock and what he could find, and he made a couple of phone calls and informed me an ex demo with 14K miles could be mine..

Put a deposit down without seeing it, and 2 weeks later it arrived, checked it out took it for a spin, and once some money had cleared bought it, on my birthday it has sat on my drive ever since will be 5 years in a months time. In fact i drove off with it before the cheques had even cleared!

I would have loved to have got the 180 but i was 22 and could not justify (or afford) the insurance as i was still at uni, keep thinking about buying a 180 as well, but keep failing to justify it to the GF.

I do not know what i will ever do if it was written off, there is no other car that i can think of that i would rather drive.
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 11:41 AM   #30
Jem

Jem is on a distinguished road
Well some old git pulled out and drove in the side of my 414 so it was time to get another car beause it was beyond economical repair,I wasn't happy at all because i had only got got the car back because i had the head gasket go on the engine,I was so mad because it cost me alot to get it fixed,Anyway i thought i would get a better faster car than the 414 i knew someone was selling his i had driven it before and allways liked driving it i fell in love with it so it had to be mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
How can I be so thirsty in the morning, when I drank so much last night?:
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote