Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-02-09, 10:57 PM   #1
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Why did you get a zed?

Howdy,

So why did you end up getting a zed?

For me I wanted something that was faster than my last car, now considering my age my options were limited. I also wanted something that could handle well, I also wanted something that was raw, but not too raw.

Left me with the Zed really lol.

How about you guys?
Old 27-02-09, 12:21 AM   #2
dave87

dave87 is on a distinguished road
loved them when they first came out. Decided I would never buy one because of the brand image. Got enough money to buy a car around the 5K mark. Saw a 4door in silver with full bodykit from across the forecourt and basically everything else looked ordinary after that.

what else can you say really
dave87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 12:47 AM   #3
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
I'd always liked Rovers. Had 3 and all seemed to have pretty powerful engines compared to other cars in their class. When my last 420 was giving up the ghost I looked about for something that was a bit quicker and could be had reasonably. Had never heard of the ZS 180 until I started looking around on Parkers etc. Had intended to get a MK1, but just by chance I got offered a MKII which was due to arrive at a garage. Was a bargain at the time. 18 months old with 9k miles.

Last edited by Nor; 27-02-09 at 12:50 AM.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 06:27 AM   #4
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
i envied my friends black 180 when he used to pi55 past me up bluebell hill at full throttle , as you can imagine....sounded absolutely amazing every single time!!!
I had a new mini which i did like! being 18 with 1 years NCB it was cheap to insure and run...but HUGELY unreliable and really badly built. So when my mate walked into the office and shouted to me "FANCY A BLACK V6 ZS?!?!" i nearly shot in my pants Bye bye mini! and hello to £210 tax and £2000 insurance premium but hey.....don't regret a single dam thing!!

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 06:35 AM   #5
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
Around 5 years ago, I was looking to chop my Zafira in for something sporty. I was originally looking for a zs mk1 but ended up going for a zr120, which I loved and kept for 3 years. As much as I loved the ZR, I wanted more power and better handling so I had to have a 180. After much searching and a train trip to Carlisle I got mine.

The only way I will change is if I find a nice cheap MK2 180. Cant see anything else with the same smiles for anything like the same money.

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 07:11 AM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Mine was driven by a few factors as I always liked them since they were first released but were impractical for a family of 5 and the wife was not driving at that time. However when she did pass her test and we then subsequently moved house I was in a position to evaluate the next ride! I was looking at the ZT-T but they were out of my price range, the ZS did not have enough room for the three girls.

We bought a new Picasso, perfect for the growing family and when the wife stole it from me I was then forced to find another car, after a few failed attempts to get her to drive anything but the Picasso I ended up with a V6 Calibra. No issues for a 2+2 as we still had the egg Then one day I thought of the ZS and never looked back, found a good example and 4 years later still happy

I will be keeping this one and maybe add a mk2 to the stable one day as I like them that much. You can keep all the other cars out there.
Old 27-02-09, 07:15 AM   #7
stevelou5

stevelou5 is on a distinguished road
Wanted something that you didn't see all the time on the road (still have only seen about 3 since I bought mine 6 months ago)

Wanted a bigger car after my C2 VTS! (don't think I could have went from a smaller car lol)

Then I seen the Zed on auto trader...looks amazing and its a "proper car" good size and looks amazing....drives well and looks amazing....think you get the picture....lol.

:-)

First came the wheel....then came the zs the end!!
stevelou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 09:31 AM   #8
Gazza

Gazza is on a distinguished road
I first bought a ZR160 new in 2002 and owned that for 3 years, i got involved in the online MG/Rover community and went to a few meets and got on really well with all the people i met.

Then i decided i wanted something faster so i wanted an EVO6 Tommi Makinen after looking around at 4 different evo's and not finding any i liked.

On a whim i bought an Audi TT, i enjoyed 18 months of posing but i got tired of how hardit wasto park as you couldn't see the front back or sides plus the fact i was putting in £55 every 8 days. So it was getting expensive to run as i'd just bought a house at the time.

I was looking for a fast diesel that looked nice, Golf's needed a lot of work to make them stand out, Leon FR's were too expensive, 3door Astra's were way out of my price range i wasnevergonna buy a pugafter they pulled out of Cov.

So i was looking at ZR's and ZS's,then i found my first mk2 ZS with the 180 kit on and 30 days later i had an accident. I was determined to have another ZS so i had to wait another month to find a 180 kitted diesel.

Dec07-Jan08 Feb08-Sep10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
So moral of the story kids, always drive something bigger than the other morons on the road
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 10:18 AM   #9
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
id been driving a 414 about for about a year until it decided to spew its gearbox all over the road i really cbb to replace it so looked into buying something a bit newer and quicker

i then stumbled across a ZS120+ in anthracite for a absolute steal so i bought that which i woend for 2 years wish id never sold it tbh was a real nice car much better than my MK2

I then come into a little bit of money and bought the mk2 really because i had cash burning a hole in my pocket tbh wish id saved it for a rainy day such as now
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 10:19 AM   #10
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
well i did'nt know what car i was after i had 15k to spend as the wrx got writen off only had that for 3 months payed 17k for that
so i thought i would have a look at and a tester i have a brand new zs looked a ctr didnt like where the gear knob was and i was going to test drive a 2.2 vtec accord but the zs got there first so i had that
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote