Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-02-12, 05:43 PM   #41
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeAservices View Post
Oft! This topic grew arms and legs!

My 2p worth, I feel kids have no deterant at all for bad behaviour. I believe common sense has lost it`s way in all honesty. Nothing wrong with a shout or "clip" if the behaviour warrants it, and that`s where the common sense part has vanished. Both goody-goodies poking their nose in, and on the otherside, parents belting their kids for no reason. Where`s the sense?

When I grew up, I through stones and snowballs at windows - not as much as some, but the majority of kids do it. Difference was then to now, my parents caught me - i`d get my arsed kicked, neighbour caught me - i`d get a verbal roasting and my arsed kicked, then my arsed kicked from my parents again!

I think my parents probably lifted their hands once or twice to me in all honesty, but I had a respect/fear/deterant of the consequencies of my actions. Sadly that today is lost.
Spot on. There certainly is no deterant for most kids now. I hope in all honesty my step daughter grows out of her current behaviour to some extent before she earns herself a ride in the back of a Police Car.

Am I just harsh on her is a question I am always asking myself. An 11 year old stealing food and hiding it is normal? so it the destructive side? I can't remember if I was like it as a kid of her age but I honestly feel I valued and looked after all my possessions and others even more so. She just doesn't seem bothered about it which is what makes my blood boil.

Sorry we are still off topic but it seems relative to me and I can talk about it with you guys at least!
Old 12-02-12, 02:47 PM   #42
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
You have the patience of a saint Jim! I would have run a mile by now! lol
starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote