theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-02-15, 08:57 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Insurance Renewal

Its that time of year again. Doesnt seem like 4 years ago I bought my baby, but it was. Anyway I digrese. Insurance renewal time.............as always I search online and my current insurers budget were the last year, so I spent the last 12 months with them.... renewal came through, the cheeky buggers printed it with the monthly fee, on the renewal. Quick x12 calulation saw it had gone up over £100...........

SO back on the net, and back with Hastings for only £196.95....thats over £125 cheaper............ why do they insist on being so expensive on renewal time??? Do these people not realise that as I bought through comparision site last time I may use one again?????

Rang them up and they couldnt match the NEW quote....so in 10 mins I have new insurance and saved myself some dosh..................................
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 09:08 PM   #2
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Same story with me the other day with Aviva. Renewal was £45 more expensive, shopped around and saved £140 for identical cover. It's a rip off, unfortunately it's the same old routine every single February.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 09:13 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
A very typical story this, always pays to shop around and try the companies not on comparison sites. As my mileage is now below 5k a year it fell into the classic policy with Peter Best.
Old 11-02-15, 01:13 AM   #4
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Mines due for renewal soon. £324. Luckily I have till 7th March to shop around so I will be.
I'll probably try the forum based ones and see what they can do
Hopefully won't be too much with the mods On.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 09:17 AM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

New trick is to have your card details on file and renew automatically.

Give you a weeks notice and hope you cant be bothered to shop around.

Saw that insurance companies are tightening up on paying for so called whiplash.

Fair enough if you do get injured but when they suddenly produce three "passengers" all suffering whiplash, something had to happen.

Reckon we will all get a 10% reduction because of the savings.

Old 11-02-15, 05:31 PM   #6
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Mine is due on the 16th of this month the cheapest quote I got was with hastings coming in at £289 I thought yeah sounds good as my renewel with axa is £340 but then when I added what cover I get with axa to my hastings quote it works out only £325 so thought not worth the hassle moving for £15 so staying with axa for another year
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 06:53 PM   #7
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
I'm with axa. When I was rear ended in 2013 they were really good in dealing with the claim. My policy is due for renewal the end of next month so will be interested to see if it goes up. It actually came down after the accident.
Old 11-02-15, 08:35 PM   #8
Sean-2k

Sean-2k is on a distinguished road
I renewed mine on the 8th Adrian flux quoted me 800+ so I went online and found insurance with kwikfit for 390 asked flux what was goin on and they said there no way they can compete with that price so after 6 years with flux I have changed the funny thing about it is they said I was a valuable customer and they would like me to continue my policy not valued enough that they can beat other prices
Sean-2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-15, 07:18 PM   #9
slacko

slacko is on a distinguished road
Most insurers give a cheap quote first time round to get your business, then whack it up the following year to get their money back, if your daft enough to fall for the three card trick. Shop around, it's the only way to get a fair deal.
slacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 01:00 PM   #10
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Managed to get mine for £340 through Adrian flux all mods covered On a like for like basis too.
Really helpful guy on the other end helping me out.
Don't know what they'll have to say about cams and coilovers but it's a lot better than £612 quote from comparethemarket.
Chris knott and prestige couldn't get anywhere near that price either.
Happy for another year.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote