theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-02-08, 06:22 AM   #11
grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
don't do it man! You'll regret it in the long run. As said if anything go for a 120. Sammy has proved that even the smaller engined cars can still look fantastic!
As i have said ross i don't want to but the costs of running it are getting astronomical and the wallet is struggling to cope' Its costing me 35 quid a week in fuel never mind how much my finance, insurance and tax costs me and as you can imagine a council gardener does not get paid a lot sodoes anyone have an inkling as to how much it's worth?
Old 26-02-08, 07:38 AM   #12
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
As it is the same spec as mine except the extreme spoiler, for a good car they can go for anything between £6k and to just under £8k.

For what its worth, I'm considering the very same thing too!!!!

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 07:47 AM   #13
papa_lazaroo

papa_lazaroo is on a distinguished road
Jan Glass guide books it at 4500 trade 6100 retail, CAP would be a little lower value.

Look, if you are spending 35 quid a week, grab yourself a new credit card offering 0% for 9 months, then buy a decent LPG conversion, mine is the best on the market, and would cost you no more than 1800. Then, pay off 50 quid a month, changing the balance every 8 months onto a new 0% card, and you'll pay it off whilst spending no more on Fuel, If you can afford more than 50 a month, go for it, your fuel bills should drop to 18 a week, your tax drops a little, and you can get free parking within most regions once you register your car with the local council.

For some reason, my insurance came down by 30 quid for having LPG too.

Don't sell it, Love it
Old 26-02-08, 07:50 AM   #14
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
It is okay doing an LPG conversion, but the number of sites in Glasgow (where I stay) that sell LPG, are very limited.

I fill the tank, do 280-300 miles and that lasts for about a week and a bit, and that's not driving much at the weekend, just doing the commute and back home that's it.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 08:22 AM   #15
papa_lazaroo

papa_lazaroo is on a distinguished road
you are right, the LPG availability is poor, but the number of sites is set to rise over the next couple of years.

I work as Nissan's European fuel system design senior engineer, and am heavily involved in Future fuel development, so Bio-diesel, 85%Ethanol and LPG. When Birmingham, Manchester, liverpool, glasgow, cardiff and so on launch their congestion charges, LPG will finally become very big. People will be saving 2000 a year on conjestion charges, so the uptake will become massive.

Currently though, it is rubbish in some areas
Old 26-02-08, 09:38 AM   #16
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
There's only one that I know of in the whole of Stirlingshire, and it was put in 5-6 years ago

Out of interest Kev and Grimmy, how many miles you getting to the tank?

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 10:22 AM   #17
grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
There's only one that I know of in the whole of Stirlingshire, and it was put in 5-6 years ago

Out of interest Kev and Grimmy, how many miles you getting to the tank?
don't know can't afford to fill it what i can tell you is put in £30 last week at 100.9 pence a litre and got 160 miles, not to good at maths but i think thats somewhere around 20 mpg please correct me if i'm wrong
Old 26-02-08, 10:43 AM   #18
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Works out around 25mpg by my calculations and comparing that to the readouts i'm getting on my ScanGauge these days that is spot on.

Oh and, as for changing... IMO it's best to do what suits you. After all it's you that has got o pay for it, run it, and live off what you earn.

If i was to be totally honest... the Astra Nürburgring version is tempting. (but that is 20 trips to the US )

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 11:07 AM   #19
ZS180V6

ZS180V6 is on a distinguished road
Seems like there a quite a few people wanting to sell . Mine is up on Piston Heads but have not really tried to sell yet. The cost of having a thirsty car is increasing all the time as are the tax and insurance. I run two cars and it is v expensive.

Problem is we like the MG and the power so small cars do not really do it but money is also nice...........
ZS180V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 11:25 AM   #20
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
I guess GB's whole theory on taxing 'gas guzzlers' off the road is working then...

I'm not looking to sell mine, but if the chance arises to get out of this country i have to say that i'd actually let it go without a 2nd thought. Maybe looking at a 3.5L where fuel is 52p or so a litre may have a part to play in it.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote