theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 13-09-11, 04:37 PM   #21
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
not sure which was used Pete in honesty - i think it was in an ultasonic bath too, but not 100%.

Matt cleaned them up before he popped them in!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-11, 06:07 PM   #22
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Pete, bit more involved than my old baked beans tin and a bit of white spirit, have to get them done professionally done, if they need it.
Old 26-09-11, 01:35 PM   #23
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Pete, with the amount of smoke that I've seen you talk about since fitting SDi's, I just wondered: what boost pressure are you running at?
If you're not sure and don't fancy cluttering up your interior with a boost gauge, this is a really good solution for finding out:
http://tuning-diesels.com/Lseries/2545.htm#mi
Mine was only running at about 13PSI, so was smoking quite a lot because there wasn't enough air getting in to burn all the fuel. Shortening the actuator rod to up the pressure to 19PSI made a massive improvement to both power and smoke levels (1st up, 2nd down)!

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-11, 04:09 PM   #24
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Cheers for the info, I'm off to Yeovil tomorrow for a Reidy Remap, we did mention boost pressures and hopefully it will get sorted out on the RR.

Will be interesting to see what its running, the smoke is only when you really boot it, and its only for the initial kick.

One of the guys at the meet yesterday said that when we went by him it wasnt bad, just a bit when I accelerated away. He was the red ZR, with green MG stickers, just had a new head gasket and was taking it easy.

Dont want to kill the fuel pump, or my CHG, as Pete with the tuned derv, says too much power can ****** them!!!! ( )

Let you know later what happens down at Yeovil.

Old 08-11-11, 05:46 PM   #25
Stephen
Yeah defo back now...

Stephen will become famous soon enough
Got my SDI's Today!!

Need to get the sealing washers tomorrow and get them in!!

Also get the boost guage wired up!

Moonshine ZS 180
Glacier ZS 180
Twilight ZT 190 SE
Sunspot ZT-T 180
Dark Fantasy 75 Tourer
Blue MG5 EV
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 08:28 PM   #26
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Well done, might be worth looking at the bleed off pipes.

Easy to do at the same time, if they look a bit worn.

My local shop gave me a kit for a Vauxhall. Seems to fit OK.

The injectors just need a wiggle and a pull straight up to get out. Thats after taking off the clamps at the bottom.

I spent 10 mins winding No1 round and round as it felt like it was screwed in!!!! Doh.

Take care of the wire from No1 injector. Also be careful how you unclip the wire from No1. where it goes into the brown plug and socket connector. I used a small screwdriver to pull the spring clip off, did it too well and it sprung out and disappeared, luckily it fell down onto the foam undertray.

Squeeze the fuel bulb to put the pressure back. I didnt crack the injectors, just cranked it over a few times and it fired up.

I'm keeping my old injectors just in case I dont pass the smoke test on the next MOT. If I also have to refit my cat as well, I'll be rebuilding the car for each MOT.

Got a price of £95 for refurb on the O/E injectors that came out.

Good luck with it.
Old 08-11-11, 09:17 PM   #27
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Got my SDI's Today!!

Need to get the sealing washers tomorrow and get them in!!

Also get the boost guage wired up!
You'll love 'em!
But you don't necessarily need to clutter up your dash with a boost gauge - check here: http://tuning-diesels.com/Lseries/2545.htm

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote