AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-09-13, 07:53 PM   #1
pb25

pb25 will become famous soon enough
Help me keep my sanity.....!

Ok so after some rather vigorous car washing I managed to snap the aerial off the peugeot partner. The aerial had corroded so the base mount was u/s. Before I snapped it reception was spot on where ever I went. Bought a new base mount and aerial off the fleabay and fitted them.......crap reception! Roll on a couple of weeks, 3 base mounts and 3 aerials culminating in genuine pug parts and I still have crap reception. There is a little silver cylinder with a lid on that fits onto the bottom of the aerial cable ring roof end.....it just says MAG on it and it looks like it has a small circuit board ring in it but no power from anywhere............I'm losing my mind why it doesn't give me reception like it did. No water ingress, checked both ends of the cable and all is well and plugged in.......HELP

(you might wonder why I'm not posting on a pug forum......there is one but no-one helps apart from one patronising guy who never actually helps......he just makes my blood boil......so as this is my favourite forum someone might have some pug knowledge)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4