theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 16-09-07, 07:09 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Talking The benefits of a good exhaust!

Myself, my lovely wife and the ZS went to Devon Friday afternoon to spend the weekend with my sister and brother-in-law. They moved down there from my neck of the woods, Horndean in Hampshire-south of England to you northerners!

They moved to the middle of nowhere, even the satnav said 'where?' We had a typical Friday traffic flow to that area so was arriving quite late, around 845pm. We got near to their dwelling and got somewhat frightened when the road became a single track road with grass growing in the middle!

Anyway, we found the sign to their area 'Dippertown', yes that is real I kid you not! We proceeded to drive on, wishing my ZS would become a 'Transformer' and turn into a Land Rover! We stopped at every cottage and farm building we saw, tried to see what it was called.

So picture this-dark, no streetlights, no noise, no cars, but a 180 burbling and spitting and popping along a country lane at night, stopping at every dwelling we came across, not many I might add! Then who do I see? my brother-in-law standing in the lane outside his cottage with a flashlight hoping to see us!

He said " I heard this car coming miles away, stopping and starting and knew it was you!"

So, a good exhaust does have its benefits, especially in darkest Devon in the middle of nowhere called Dippertown!

Apparently they live a few miles from Jethros! Now it all becomes so clear!
Old 17-09-07, 06:06 PM   #2
henocsr

henocsr is on a distinguished road
what type of exshaut have you got on your car. i have been thinking about getting a performance one, and am wondering what others have gone for.
henocsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-07, 06:30 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Moi?

I have this lovely:

Janspeed duplex cat-back

Old 17-09-07, 07:16 PM   #4
sduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 17-09-07, 07:18 PM   #5
mrt_04

mrt_04 is on a distinguished road
Are they 'Bizzy Lizzies' in the background Mick???
mrt_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-07, 07:48 PM   #6
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by henocsr View Post
what type of exshaut have you got on your car. i have been thinking about getting a performance one, and am wondering what others have gone for.

Thats my Piper cat back system with a 3" outwardly rolled finish that EMS fitted and it looks bigger than I expected and sounds bloody awesome!

Smitten Jim
Old 17-09-07, 09:27 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_04 View Post
Are they 'Bizzy Lizzies' in the background Mick???

I believe they are called 'flowers'.....................brightly coloured weeds that apparently require H2O.
Old 17-09-07, 09:49 PM   #8
Shafz

Shafz is on a distinguished road
that is a nice plate you got on your car there stamford
Old 18-09-07, 06:02 AM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

Yea! good innit! just need to get some new ones made as they are looking a little tired.

I'm the second owner and the first was an MGR employee, so was able to trawl the system for a ZS plate!