theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars Wanted

Old 10-09-11, 09:45 PM   #1
stevo90

stevo90 is on a distinguished road
zs or zr

hey guys, just testing the water here really, thinking about selling/swapping my zs180 for either a 1.4 105 zr or a zs 1.8, plainly because the mileage i am doing at the moment is astronomical, it is a 52 plate in brg, 106,000 miles, taxed till feb and would come with a full mot, its got a decat pipe, induction kit, x power backbox, cupra splitter, belts have been done and just had an oil change, new cv gaitor, heres some pics just to gauge interest. how much do you reckon its worth?

stevo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-11, 09:48 PM   #2
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
speak to andy he sapped from a 180 to a 105

ive got a zs110 and a zr105 and id choose the zs anyday i think apart from the interior which i love on the zr
Old 10-09-11, 10:04 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Charge Jimbo for fuel and ask Lawrance wants to buy it back.

Personally I'd stick with a ZS, Gem would choose a ZR.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-11, 10:06 PM   #4
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Hello steve,

nice looking car.

In todays market you would be good to fetch 1k i spose. maybe more if you hang on for a while its a nice looking car!!
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-11, 11:10 PM   #5
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
dont do it mate unless,its crippling you on fuel,i like my zr but miss my 180 without fail everyday,if needs must then try get a 110 or 120 better than the zrs to be honest,still trying to get a zs by the way lol!
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 08:56 AM   #6
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
You won't find that the fuel saving is particularly good going to a ZR 105 (I had one) - you'll be lucky to get mid 30's mpg.
Now if you consider a TD (I've currently got 2 of those) then you're looking at mid 40's or even 50's if you're super-careful with the old right foot, but you're more likely to pay for it up front in the purchase price. However the insurance is no more, and you're looking at ?130 per year tax, so as a longer term prospect and depending on mileage, it can make a lot of sense.
Also like the ZS TD's, the tuning potential is superb - dead easy to get up to 60bhp extra for about ?250.
Oh just one last thing, take a look at the ZR forum before you make your final decision. You may find that you fit in with the style of posts and moderation over there, but it's not to everyone's tastes.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 09:06 AM   #7
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
that another good point above, my zs is more economical than my zr despite the zs being a 1.6
Old 11-09-11, 11:24 AM   #8
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
look into a LPG coversion if funds allow it

I filled mine up two week ago and have done over 175 miles (not much i know) and the needle on the Tank has not moved........i expect it to do around 5-600 miles to that tank full
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 11:59 AM   #9
S7000EY

S7000EY is on a distinguished road
buy my car
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=18367
Old 11-09-11, 12:19 PM   #10
leezs110

leezs110 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Both cars have there good & bad points.

tbh the chap with ZS 180 really needs to get in a ZR & test drive them back to back would be the only way to decide!

I made the switch myself from a mk2 ZS110 to a mk2 ZR105 back in july & have to say if anything i actually prefer the ZR, the seating position is higher up & i find it more comfortable, overall it suits my needs better!

Fuel wise it does use slightly less than my old ZS but i would expect this as it is a lighter car!