theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-04-12, 05:22 PM   #1
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Fuel guage

Coming back from Southampton earlier today, while stuck in traffic, my fuel guage just dropped to empty. Though it had emptied itself at first but all I did was turn the car off then back on and it fixed itself. Anyone had this issue before?
The fuel was definatly there as I've just done 570 miles on a tank
Old 02-04-12, 05:34 PM   #2
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Nope, it just tends to severely drop round corners
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 06:07 PM   #3
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
the speedo in my ZR used to do that at random. Might be a little electrical glitch somewhere

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 10:39 PM   #4
KirkJames

KirkJames will become famous soon enough
Or just the normal MGR fuel guage playing with ya. Mine goes up and down like yoyo but settles itself when cruising along.
KirkJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 10:41 PM   #5
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Mine does the same in all honesty and can vary anything up to a 1/4 of a tank. I just fill the 180 up after 200 miles...tends to do the trick lol

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 07:35 AM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
The only time my gauge shows incorrect is when hard cornering, more so a left hander. Other than that it is stable but also crap as the markings do not indicate usage as the tank empties, the last 1/4 is always more than you think and goes a lot further than the first 1/4.
Old 03-04-12, 08:12 AM   #7
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Thanks for the replies. I understand the points above but this time I was stopped in traffic and the needle went from half to dead empty in seconds! Hoping it's just a glitch like Ross said.
Old 03-04-12, 09:31 AM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Is the sender part of the pump? I get this with my Land Rover but only when the tank is full, it doesn't like cornering and the gauge drops to zero and the light comes on, once settled it is back up and normal.
Old 03-04-12, 10:22 AM   #9
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Mattie I had an earth fault repaired under warranty when I had my 120 which showed some odd symptoms like that.the Speedo died and the rev counter went haywire and the fuel gauge started working like the rev counter,not sure where or what he earth problem was sadly bit might give you something to have a look at.
Old 03-04-12, 10:29 AM   #10
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Mattie I had an earth fault repaired under warranty when I had my 120 which showed some odd symptoms like that.the Speedo died and the rev counter went haywire and the fuel gauge started working like the rev counter,not sure where or what he earth problem was sadly bit might give you something to have a look at.
Gearbox Earth most likely... its attached on one of the fixings for the Clutch braket... Common failure I think

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote