greendragon3

greendragon3 is on a distinguished road
Smile irish MG ZS .

hi guys , just thought id throw up a few pictures of my current beastie ,

greendragon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 07:24 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
That is one very tidy ZS............1.6 yes?
Old 10-02-13, 07:25 PM   #3
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Lovely zed, top choice of colour and rear spoiler

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 07:27 PM   #4
WalkerDnB

WalkerDnB has a spectacular aura aboutWalkerDnB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Lovely zed, top choice of colour and rear spoiler
+1 like the kit with that spoiler

WalkerDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 08:03 PM   #5
greendragon3

thanks guys , its a 1.4 i ,
we are the second owners from new , its an 05' plate for the English guys that cant figure out our stupid Irish registration system that we have over here !!!!!!

its our second one , we had an 03' MG ZR before that and couldn't fault it ,

Ive had to do the dreaded head gasket on this one and we had the problem with the alarm, central locking , key fob thing , im sure all of ye are aware of these problems by now ,

Ive had a silly thing annoy me for the past few weeks now though and im praying its not the same problem rearing its ugly head again , the horn is very intermittent , works when it feels like it , and the windscreen washer gave up working a while back ,

i can manage without either ( watch for finger horn broken !!! ) but the problem is i have a MOT ( nct ) here in a few weeks and they are both an instant fail if not working !!!!

Ive removed the horn and cleaned it etc but it only works for a while then gives up the ghost again , the windscreen washers on the other hand are a bit of a pain , Ive had a few guys looking at it and no help im afraid , the fuse is perfect , ive flushed out the bottle and blew through the lines and all checks out OK , i removed the pump and wired it direct and it works fine , i have power up at the stalk but no power down at the pump so im thinking broken wire but again when i wire it direct from the stalk it blows the fuse !!!! is there a relay for the windscreen washers and if so where is the ****** ??????
Old 10-02-13, 08:05 PM   #6
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Replacing the horn will cure that problem, they are well known for failing.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 08:25 PM   #7
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Lovely looking car, really does look good in the colour kit combo. Yeah didnt understand your plate to be fair, don't think ie ever seen one like that before..
Old 10-02-13, 08:51 PM   #8
greendragon3

hi Craig , yeah mate its really confusing alright , the way they are meant to work is , the first two numbers donate the age ( year ) of the vehicle , the letters are the first and last letters of the coinciding county that the vehicle is registered in , in my case it " SO " meaning SLIGO , which is my home county and also where my vehicle was bought new and registered , for example DUBLIN uses the letters " D " or CORK uses the letter " C " , they only have a single letter because they are the main cities in Ireland and should not be confused with say DONEGAL which is " DL " , or CARLOW which is " CW " , the last set of numbers are just for the numerical order the vehicle has been registered on the given day of registration .

hope this clears it up a wee bit for you but just to really confuse the issue over here the Irish government decided to change it around again this year because of the superstition surrounding the number " 13 " !!!!!!!!

our new registration plates now read " 131 SO 12345 " !

Old 10-02-13, 08:54 PM   #9
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
Very nice looking zs youve got there
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 09:00 PM   #10
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
nice looking car...
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote