theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 06-11-14, 07:45 PM   #1
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Nice Mk2 Kitted Diesel Hatch

Some nice bits on it and decent value I reckon despite the relatively high miles -

http://www.gumtree.com/p/mg/-mg-zs-/1087722874
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 08:09 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Looks pretty decent all round.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 08:30 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Think its one you would have to give it a test drive.

Bet its not just driven to the shops and back.
Old 07-11-14, 09:08 AM   #4
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
Just what I am looking for, and round the corner too, only problem all my money is tied up in the deposit for my new house in the next few weeks, damn it!

What would you guys, Peter especially, look for in the diesel version as I may be tempted back to the ZS family after a few years away, and only had the petrol 1.8 derivative so far? Also please tell me if I should take this sort of discussion to a separate thread/forum or PM's etc?

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 09:32 AM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Belts should be done every 4 years or 48 K and with the torque you get with a tuned one its worth doing, sooner rather than later.

My one had a new clutch at 75k, cost about £330.

The MAF sensor goes and they wont pull and feel flat, the MAF sensor is £130 ish, I think.

Normal brake problems, sticky sliders/calipers.

Tyres at the front can wear on the inside edges, so worth checking all four and get down and look at inside edges. From outside the car tyres can look perfect.

Dont have many HGF but just check the colour of the coolant, go for a run should be on half way on temp scale. It can take 5 mins or so to get up to temp.

Just remembered we have a guide as well. http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11326

Bleed off pipes are worth a quick check, only pence for new pipe and a push fit.

Nothing beats a test drive, should go well and redline almost as quick as you can change gears, 1 to 3rd.

Old 07-11-14, 10:30 AM   #6
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
Cheers Peter, will have a look and see what the boss says about getting rid of the Astra (which I really do not like)

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 01:18 PM   #7
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
I think it is a car which was on here briefly: http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=21608

Had a different interior and wheels since though. Gearstick, dash rings, boost gauge, pedals, TF wheel and wing badges give the car away.

The original owner posted more on .org by the same username if you have a search.

I remember when he was selling it I had the money in my pocket and was going to buy it but he wouldn't let me for some reason, wouldn't even let me go and look at it which I thought was a bit odd. Thought at the time it may have been because I had inquired about his turbo set up? Weird.
Furthermore he made many claims about the power but would never share info or pics of what was actually done to it in terms of manifold set up and turbo family/ size.

If his power claims were true then it was/ is highly modified with bigger turbo but I always remember in a post he made after it sold that he felt "he had ruined a good car". Whatever that means.

Go and have a look at it and take some pics of the alleged turbo set up just to spite the old owner (the secretive bug*er) :P

Last edited by ZS Phil; 07-11-14 at 01:25 PM.
ZS Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 01:24 PM   #8
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I remember him as well

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 10:25 PM   #9
dmc123

dmc123 is on a distinguished road
I've been to look at this and test drive it, but going to get a lower mileage one
dmc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-14, 09:12 AM   #10
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc123 View Post
I've been to look at this and test drive it, but going to get a lower mileage one
What was wrong with it other than the mileage? Did you have a look at the turbo install?