theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-02-09, 01:51 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Its your fault stamford!

Thats right. After seeing your induction the other week ive gotta get mine done got it rigged in the inner wing with some temporary piping but decided its about time I did it properly!!

So thinking of silcone piping looking through demon tweeks but no idea what I need! As far as i can remember is it 76mm then i need a reducer to 70mm for the TB?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 02:40 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
isn't yours a 120? Not sure on the O.D. of the throttle body, perhaps someone else can help? Also what filter are you going to use and what method? Then we may be able to assist.
Old 04-02-09, 03:44 PM   #3
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
yer its the 120 . Ive got a k&n fitted atm it was there when i got the car . Except it was in the engine bay ive moved it to the inner wing and then will preplace the filter its self when ive got the money. Was thinking of Aluminium or silicone pipe.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 04-02-09, 03:48 PM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
A mixture of both to get the best route to the TB.
Old 04-02-09, 04:51 PM   #5
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
here's a link to K&N's fitting instructions for their Apollo kit,

http://www.kandn.com/instructions/57A-6022_inst.pdf

it states a 44 clip for the throttle bod, i think this relates to the clip's diameter. it also shows you how to route the induction pipe. cant give you more than this as mines away being fitted right now.

also, here's a link to the kit (they reckon 8bhp gain)

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...?Prod=57A-6022

hope this helps some

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 05:31 PM   #6
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

yer i want to do away with the flexi pipe as it looks pants! I think i will need one 90' bend to attatch to tb then another 90' to go down to ground and prehaps a straight bit before getting to the filters pipe which may be enough to curve in to the wing!

Sound about right would a set up for one of the hondas work as cant find anything on ebay.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 06-02-09, 12:40 PM   #7
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
yer i want to do away with the flexi pipe as it looks pants! I think i will need one 90' bend to attatch to tb then another 90' to go down to ground and prehaps a straight bit before getting to the filters pipe which may be enough to curve in to the wing!

Sound about right would a set up for one of the hondas work as cant find anything on ebay.
Have a look at this place mate.

http://www.fasterfilters.co.uk/apollo.html

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 12:43 PM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

There are some big hp claims there! I find it hard to believe considering the location of the kit.
Old 06-02-09, 01:28 PM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Yer ive got the cone already but theres only enough piping as standard to leave it placed nicely next to the hot engine. Not the best for a cold air induction so all im after is the aluminium tubing and silicone coulplers. Found a few places but comes to about £80 so still looking else where. Ive decided i need 2 90degs 76mm, 1 150mm straight 76mm, 3 coulplers, and one reducer 76-70mm.

Should really improve aitflow and the look of the extendable flexi tubing

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 06-02-09, 01:33 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

I'll dig out the links tonight of the supplier I used off ebay, very good quality and priced well.