theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 17-05-09, 07:35 PM   #1
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
ZT-T 2004 SE Sport Auto in Bittersweet.

69K. Facelift Auto in "Bittersweet". This is a monogram (£2,500) special paint effect which makes the car look various colours, mostly green, yellow and blue, depending on the angle the sun hits it. At night it's bronze !

Bit of a saga about the service history. Not the usual "It got lost when I moved" rubbish though !

It's only been owned by MG as a press car then a guy in his 60's who had it featured in an MG magazine, I've got a copy, and was an MG OC member. He told me he did it himself as he didn't trust the garages as his son worked in the trade, (he actually bought it from his son at the Hatfield main dealer) ... I believe him and I consider myself to be a fair judge of character.

Since I've had it, it's been serviced using an MG kit bought from EMS, pollen filter change, and done by a mechanic mate who races an MGF. (As above though ... it was all for cash, so i've not got a bill for that either. What I can do though is take you to meet the guy ! )

It's running really well, and has been dyno'd at 170bhp recently.

Auto box has a "sport" switch, but without it, it still revs well and the changes are as smooth as they should be.

Full SE spec which includes

Zenons
Heated leather and black alcantara
Sat-nav TV
Dual zone climate
Harmon Cardon stereo with built in amp
Electric sunroof
18" apex alloys. Could do with a refurb but shod in 2 good Michelins and 2 nearly new Avons
Cruise and stereo controls on the steering wheel

Pretty much everything ... and .... bonus ... it all works !

It's not a show-car though.

It has some very small marks by the front nearside and has a small dent in the roof as if a golf ball has bounced on it, and as mentioned, the wheels could do with a refurb. It has some stone-chips to the front and load marks by the boot. Nothing that detracts from the overall appearance ... it's just been a working family car, not saved for the sun and the MG show days.

All in all it's a great car, currently on a private plate which will be removed after a deposit taken, and returned to it's "04" plate when handed over.

Selling for £4,500. I'll take your ZS180 in PX. Mk 2 with alcantara preferred.

Cheers.

Last edited by Dan1971; 17-05-09 at 07:40 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-09, 08:32 PM   #2
TegTypeR

TegTypeR is on a distinguished road
I saw this car yesterday, and I can honestly say these pictures do not do it any justice! Absolutely stunning.

Read my motoring and car related diatribe at.........
http://TegTypeR.blog.co.uk
Updated: 3rd July 2009 - Karting Around
TegTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-09, 08:36 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I second that, it is stunning. Just wish I could afford a second car but that will have to wait.
Old 17-05-09, 08:59 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Cheers guys, appreciated !
Old 18-05-09, 01:39 PM   #5
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
If it wasn't for the fact I really don't need a ZT-T I'd snap that from you Stunning looking car and good luck with the sale!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-09, 03:24 PM   #6
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
just like me. parted with the 180 for a zt and a few month's later i was back with a 180

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-09, 07:47 PM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Now on the bay ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200344269931

So far had offers of a diesel BMW with 156K, a Jaguar XJS convertible, and just got a message from a guy with an 05 ZS 180 who needs more space .... We'll see ....
Old 21-05-09, 08:43 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

14 watchers ... 4 swap/px offers and a viewing tomorrow evening. Hmmm. Too cheap ?
Old 21-05-09, 08:46 PM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
14 watchers ... 4 swap/px offers and a viewing tomorrow evening. Hmmm. Too cheap ?

Possibly yes. If I had £4k I would buy that off you in the blink of an eye.
Old 22-05-09, 08:49 PM   #10
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Hmph. Guy not coming ... work. Sparkling car too. Never mind. He seems keen and has put his ZT saloon up on Pistonheads to pay for buying mine ! Guy from .org, so could be that get myself back into a cheaper ZS sooner than I thought.